Sunday, August 5, 2007

Keegan Leads The Way

On our way home from North Carolina, we were reflecting on our vacation at the beach. Keegan let us know that the only thing he disliked was the plane ride. He hoped we would not be doing that again soon. Well, we did have plans to fly to PA in about one month's time. I told him, and he right away let us know how unpleasant that would be, and wondered why we couldn't just drive. I told him why we hadn't planned to drive-it would take us a week, cost so much money, so much energy, ect. He was not at all put off by the obstacles, and seemed to think it would be an adventure.
For quite awhile now, I have been trying to figure out how we could plan an extended road trip, but it never actualized-too many obstacles that I couldn't rationalize pushing through. But Keegan seemed determined, and the more I listened to him, the more possible it seemed. One thing led to another, and soon after we returned from NC, we had a 5 week trip planned around the US and Canada. My mother offered to join us, we made some reservations, and the trip is going to happen.
My mother flew in yesterday, we leave tomorrow. We are all so excited for this adventure. Jim is happy that my mother is going with us, and he has a very intense month of work planned. Everything fell into place.
I love the freedom of unschooling. We are able to take an idea, or just really a comment like Keegan's-I really don't want to fly-and turn it into an amazing journey. I have no idea what we are going to experience and learn on this trip, but I am open to whatever it is. We have alot of plans, and we don't have alot of plans, we have the comfort of knowing we have a place to sleep most nights(not all!), but we have also allowed some flexibility and time to explore when we are inspired.
My next blog will be from the road. I can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm so excited for you. I will miss you, but I hope you have a blast!!

Anonymous said...

globelvidge
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/lyme-disease]lyme disease[/url]
swalsdaudge